Friday, October 21, 2016

Bookish (And Not so Bookish) Thoughts

1. | As I write this, Thursday night, we still have not found Casey. I hope I edit this post tomorrow (or today as you are reading this) and say she came home. I feel so sick about it all. I have checked outside so many times, I am getting nothing else done. I am just worried because she could still come back, but there is the possibility that she won't. I am trying to stay positive, but it's hard. Over the last 5 years or so, Casey has been my one constant. I love Mackie and Finn, too, but we got Casey first. It is not a good feeling to open the door and her still not be there...

2. | So, the readathon is this weekend. I won't be reading for it officially, but I have been posting at the Instagram account and plan to over the weekend as well! I look forward to seeing what everyone reads and visiting some blogs! It is such a huge event now. I know I have said this before, but the first couple readathons I visited every blog participating and usually more than once. Now I find it overwhelming! Hope everyone has lots of fun!

3. | I got an insane amount of books in the mail on Wednesday. It was crazy. I think the mail gods decided that I needed a pick me up when Casey still wasn't back and the worrying got worse... Only one parcel said it was out for delivery and some of the books were not supposed to be here until November. I am not complaining, but you need to space orders out or other humans start noticing. lol And, I guess my whole mood is making reading even harder right now. (Not going to lie, I teared up when I wrote the first paragraph...)

4. | I think I mentioned on a previous post, or somewhere on my blog, that my grandmother had fallen? Well, things are better there. She honestly could not maintain a house alone anymore and she was 2 and a half hours from my mother. After some thought, she is moving to an apartment closer to my mother. It is another bittersweet thing, really. My dad's parents passed away like 15 years ago and my mom's mom is really the only grandparent I got a good chunk of time with. I think my October has had enough bad things happen in it and it is not over yet...

5. | Finn is missing Casey, too. He camps out by the door most of the day. He hated when she went outside before, but he has never wanted to go out himself. When I look for Casey I have Mackie and Finn standing on the doorstep with me. I feel really bad for him. He adored Casey and I doubt he knows what is happening. I wonder when he will get to a point that he stops waiting for her? We always call Casey the Queen because Mackie and Finn definitely know that she is the boss. I am a bad owner lately. Two days now I have forgot to feed Finn and Mackie supper because Casey wasn't here to tell me it was time. You just get used to something and then get thrown off when it is not there.

6. | I am struggling with reading. I haven't been listening to my audios or reading anything the last couple days. I am too distracted. I am starting to think my lofty post of audios I wanted to read next, that I posted on Tuesday, was crazy because I have been listening to the same two audios for like 2 weeks now. I need to get my head back in the game. I have been stressed in general and this whole cat thing is not helping. But, on Tuesday my house was clean and I got a bunch of reading done. I had high hopes that day for the rest of the week.

7. | I am starting to think I should take a blogging break because my posts are boring and depressing lately...

8 comments:

  1. Kailana, I'm so so sorry! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Casey comes back. I would die if my kitty went missing. Have you made sure she wasn't picked up? Around here they can be picked up and taken to the pound. Horrible place! I'll keep you in my thoughts. Hang in there. *Hugs *

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so, so sorry, Kelly. I've been there and it's harrowing :( Keeping everything crossed that she comes home. Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, I hope Casey is back soon soon soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that Casey has not yet returned. I've been thinking about you often and only hoping for the good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, honey, I'm so sorry about Casey. I'm saying prayers for you. And as for taking a break from blogging -- take a break if that's what you need, but don't feel like people won't be here for you while you're going through a hard time. It's not a chore to read your posts, and I always send good thoughts your way. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:54 PM

    I'm sorry for Casey's disappearance :(

    It must be horrible to go through! We never let our cats outside because we live near main roads, but take hope that someone saw a beautiful, friendly cat and took her in... or is feeding her at their door. It does happen-- it happened to my Aunt's cat and she finally found her again. Hope you have good luck soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that as I type this, Casey is not back home yet. I have said this before but I wish there was something I could do to help. Ditto to what Rita said about someone taking care of her for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:23 PM

    I'm so sorry to hear that Casey is still missing! Hope she gets found soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.