Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Ten Facts About Me


1. | I am obsessed with starting new projects to 'better' myself and make life more interesting. Many of them fall to the wayside eventually because only so many hours in the day.

2. | I would consider myself more a dog person than a cat person, but I wouldn't trade Casey and Finn for anything. And, when a friend needed to re-home their cat we volunteered. (They didn't like we had a dog.) I would like to have a second dog one day...

3. | I am very routine oriented. I hate when I can't get into a routine. This is really bad in the summer and is probably why I neglect a lot of my hobbies during the summer. But, I do other things instead, so I need to get better at embracing things. I think it is mostly that my reading suffers and I really like to be reading.

4. | Bullet Journals and cleaning schedules have made a huge difference in my 2016. I think I am really bad at looking at the big picture instead of doing things little by little.

5. | I used to not like graphic novels because they were so short and I read so fast... Unfortunately I enjoy them and have quite a collection now. I still have misgivings about the cost because of the page count, but they are pretty! And good when in a reading slump!

6. | My favourite part of the day is probably bedtime. I enjoy other aspects of the day, but I say 'bedtime' and Mackie dashes upstairs and gets comfy. He has to get down when the other human comes to bed, so I enjoy our time together for a bit.

7. | I would love to get better at photography. Instead I take pictures with my phone and post them on Instagram. Instagram is my favourite app, though, so maybe one day I will get better at using my actual camera and photography books.

8. | I always consider history and fantasy my favourite genres, but I find I mostly read fantasy nowadays.

9. | I am actually blogging this year and I am very proud of this fact.

10. | My dog is laying beside me crying because he wants a treat... The other human tends to give him too many and now he doesn't really understand what 'treat' means. He will act like he needs to go out, but then he goes to the treat area instead. I possibly give him treats sometimes just to get him out of my face. We really need to break that bad habit.


14 comments:

  1. Once your animal is in a bad habit, it's so hard to break them! We don't let our cats roam outside, mostly for safety reasons. Eddy was another family's cat and was let outside. We've had him for 2 years now and he STILL meows at the door to go out. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start 'bettering' projects as well, like learning a new language, which fail almost as soon as they begin. I think I like the idea of the journey, more than the actual journey.

    Completely agree about Graphic Novels being good for a reading slump! I've had the same experience. So pricey though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on #1! Though I wouldn't say I do them to "better" myself, more just do them because they sound like fun. But *sigh* so many of them fall to the wayside. I wonder sometimes if I shouldn't just ban myself from feeding my project obsession for a year and see if I'm not ultimately happier in the end without them. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cat loves my bedtime routine. The minute I start it she races to the bed to wait for me. Sometimes it's the only time she gets snuggled all day because I'm so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love history and fantasy, and I also read more fantasy than history these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right with you on number 1! I'm trying to get better about sticking to them by not going too overboard but it's hard! I'm also way better on a routine and feel flustered in summer. It's so hard to develop a routine with school being out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I feel you, cause I am THE MOST routine-oriented. The only way I can make myself do a new thing is by working it into my everyday routine. I'm still working on adding special household chores into that routine -- work in progress! But I am determined!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to be led by my whims and get super-excited starting projects. I also do much better in routine than not. Give me too much free time, and, I waste it and can't even tell you how. (Except I think the computer has something to do with it).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to start a cleaning schedule. I had to spend two or three full days cleaning last week before my nieces came and it was exhausting and there were places of my house that were pretty icky. It would be so much nicer to keep up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love reading these posts because you find out something new! I don't remember that you used to not like graphic novels. Wow, and just look at how many you read now! How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like my routine too and get frazzled when it gets out of whack!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aside from the fact I don't have a dog (although my middle name is Mackie...) I think you've ripped all these facts out of my brain! I get my graphic novels from the library now because I can't afford to keep up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, take away my routine and I am just awful! I think it is one of the reasons why I find anything out of the ordinary so mentally upsetting.

    Holly just asked me the other day what my favorite time of day was. I said bedtime too. There is something about climbing into bed and knowing I have time to read without fear of interruption or deadlines or anything else. Plus? I seriously love my bed. I would marry it if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are doing a great job on keeping up with the blogging this year! I find that being a routine-oriented person helps with that. At the same time, there's only so much I can fit into my routine before it's too much and it all comes tumbling down.

    Your photos of Mackie are always so gorgeous. He sounds like a total cuddle-but (in the evening, anyway).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.