Thursday, June 23, 2016

30 Days of Books ~ Day 26


Day 26 ~ A book that changed your opinion about something


Let's face facts... When I was a teen, I hated teen fiction. I just couldn't seem to find one that connected with me (other than Madeleine L'Engle, but I saw that as more science-fiction than from a YA viewpoint). Fast forward to blogging and review copies. One of my first review copies was A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. It was getting a bit of buzz, but this was a different world than blogging is now... I figured it was not my thing, but I like to try and branch out a bit. And, I loved this trilogy! If I hadn't read it, I probably would have came around to the YA books that are crazy popular the last few years in a different way, but this was my gateway book!

6 comments:

  1. I loved this series too. I'm glad it got you into YA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for gateway books! :) I haven't read this one yet, but it's on my TBR list and I'm excited to read it once I finally get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed her newer series, too... Well, the first book. The second is waiting for me to get to!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed the first one, but never read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only did because I was very into review copies back then!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.