Wednesday, June 22, 2016

30 Days of Books ~ Day 25


Day 25 ~ A character who you can relate to the most


Jilly! I love Jilly! I honestly am not like her per say, but I just have always been drawn to her... I think it is because de Lint writes regular people in extraordinary situations. It makes the characters easier to relate to while you are enjoying the fantasy aspects. It is not just Jilly. I love all the characters in Newford, but if I am reading a new book description for one of his books and it mentions Jilly... I get really excited! She may not be like me, but you can still relate to her.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't even heard of this book. I love characters I can relate to. Or that just feel real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have never read Charles de Lint! He is awesome and this is book 1!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this book. I love fantasy, though, so I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do people not know who Charles de Lint is! This makes me sad! lol

      Delete
  3. I am not familiar with this one, but the cover alone is inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.